READ 180 XtraTM Libraries & Support
Scholastic Literacy Solutions
Enterprise Edition LBook
Prepare, Support, and Extend rBook Instruction for Your English Language Learners
The LBook has been developed to work alongside the rBook to support all your READ 180 students, especially English language learners by providing explicit, sequential, linguistically logical, and systematic instruction and practice in Academic Language and Literacy. The LBook Teaching Guide and student worktext were co-authored by Dr. Kate Kinsella, and designed to reinforce the skills and strategies in rBook instruction. The Newcomer Book is also available for students who are new to the English language.
LBook: Language. Literacy. Learning.
The LBook Systematically:
- Develops academic language in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Teaches high-leverage vocabulary, word families, and grammar and syntax.
- Structures student interaction to promote accurate oral fluency
- Frontloads academic language for rBook reading and writing tasks.
- Differentiates for English proficiency levels.
Newcomer Student Workbook
Essential Vocabulary and Language Instruction for Newcomers. The Newcomer Book includes:
- Survival vocabulary and language for obtaining necessities, making requests, and understanding instructions.
- Essential academic vocabulary for school.
- Essential grammar structures of English.
- Teaching resources available in SAM.