READ 180, Now Available for iPad!
READ 180, the most effective system for raising student achievement in grades 4-12+ is now the most powerful tool to prepare students to meet the rigorous reading and writing expectations of the Common Core. READ 180 Next Generation, built for the Common Core, includes more rigor throughout, more nonfiction, new grade-level complex text, text dependent questions and tasks, new performance-based assessments, and a new Writing Zone.
READ 180 Next Generation, built for the Common Core, will ensure all students have an explicit and accelerated path to college and career readiness—and that they can translate those skills to success on the Next Generation Assessments.
Student Software: Personalized Learning for the Common Core
- Structured support helps students apply increasingly rigorous comprehension skills as well as Higher Order Thinking skills (synthesis, analysis, and evaluation)
- Students build fluency and stamina with the most critical type of writing in the Common Core: making and supporting an argument with evidence from text
- Systematic instruction helps students develop and use robust academic and domain-specific vocabulary that can be leveraged across the content areas
Educator Dashboards: Unparalleled Access to Data
- Data snapshots of student performance drive progress monitoring, and planning
- Today's Summary allows teachers to navigate lessons by Workshop
- Lesson plans aligned to the Common Core are accessible anytime/anywhere
eBooks: Content-Rich Texts in Multiple Genres
- Reinforce writing and comprehension skills as students highlight text, take notes, and bookmark important pages
- Navigate easily with integrated search tools such as text search, page zoom, and thumbnail view
- Build confidence and fluency with audio support for every book
eReads: Rigorous Nonfiction Articles
- Expose students to grade-level text and help them build confidence and fluency
- Offer more choice during the Independent Reading Rotation
- Extend reading outside the classroom—in the library, at home, or after school
Assessments: Actionable Data that Drives Instruction
- Comprehensive tools to help educators differentiate instruction, provide meaningful interventions, forecast growth towards Common Core readiness and demonstrate accountability
- Facilitate the process of systematically exposing students to a staircase of increasingly complex text, as recommended by the Common Core State Standards
- Monitor students' understanding of key, standards-aligned skills, including Higher Order Thinking and Critical Reading Skills